Monday, February 18, 2013

Birchbox February 2013

I received Box 2 for Birchbox this month and I have no complaints!  I received a "snowed in" email from them stating that because of the winter storm my box would be delayed and would not ship out unitl the 13th.  No biggie, but I always like to check my account on the 10th and see what I'm getting becuase I never recieve my box until around the 17th or 18th.  Unfortunately it did not update until the 13th but was worth the wait!  Another plus, it actually got to me in 3 days..which is the "right time" mail travel wise from New Jersey where they are shipping from, but with Mail Innovations,(their preferred mailing system) it takes up to 7 days (Boo!)

 
 Box #2:
Box also included a Caramel Ghirardelli Square for Valentine's Day (Sorry it's not in the pic, Hubby got a treat).

Very happy with the sizes of all the products!  True "Deluxe" samples :)


 
 



Lancome is a new brand Birchbox is sampling. It's definitely a household name but I've never tried it so I was estatic to be able to receive the Bi-Facil in my box (went perfectly with this month's eye make up theme I received from Ipsy). I have really sensitive eyes and I am also a contact lens wearer and I am a fan. It feels a bit oily but it is not. Thumbs up for me: effective and no irritation, unlike my Almay gives me..I may switch!  Generous sample size of 1.7 fl oz.

There's a lot of different reactions to both Twistbands and Colorclub polish in the Birchbox community.  I have no problem with either and although I'm not excited about them, they are useful and a great addition IMO.  The color is gorgeous..Pantone's color of the year for Spring 2013 is Emerald green so this is right on trend!

I have not tried this yet, but love the smell.  I requested samples a couple of months ago and received 3 foil packets of different products, so I am happy to receive a size I can get a few full uses from.  Another generous sample at 2 fl oz.

Overall...A great month for Birchbox!  If you aren't happy with your boxes, I suggest changing your profile to reflect differnt income and interests but keeping hair and skin types the same as Birchbox does and will send makeup, BB creams, and hair products.  What did you get in your box?  Was it a winner? 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment