Sunday, July 21, 2013

Fabfitfun Summer 2013 box

So here is my review of my second Fabfitfun box:

Outside box...Came quickly, despite expecting the original ship date to be the end of June..This came a week into July.

A first look at the box; a bit different packaging then the last box but filled up and no Jewelmint!!

Pur-lisse pur-delicate cleanser-5.6 oz, retails for $36.  I can't wait to try this..I've heard great things about this brand, though I have not tried it yet.

Evian facial spray-5 oz Retails for $12.  Claims to moisturize, refresh, and tone skin.  Basically this is a spray can of water, but honestly I am very impressed.  I saw a review of this product from Youtube before I knew the box would have it in it.  I'm not sure about the toning part, but this is very cooling and refreshing.  I can't wait use this on a hot day out and about.

Yes to Cucumbers soothing facial wipes 10 ct. Retails for $2.99.  I am probably the last person that has not tried a Yes to product lol.  I'm a bit disappointed that this was a travel size, but that's probably me just being selfish and wanting more!  I'm okay with a 10-pack..it's more than enough for an extended weekend getaway. 

Catalina Su lip gloss- no color listed, retails for $14.  Some people may be tired of receiving lip glosses in sub boxes, but lip gloss is a staple for me and I love trying out new brands. This people made me a bit nervous when I first pulled it out, but it is very moisturizing, not "sticky" at all, and is a nude color.  Perfect for toning down bright lipsticks. 

Orly Nail lacquer full size, retails for 8.50.  Color is Sparking Garbage..I love Orly nail polishes, especially their base and top coats!

Infinity Sun Glow on the Go-3oz, retails for $35. (Sigh..)  Glad this box has multiple items with a high retail value, but really?  Everyone does not need or want to be bronze in the summer.  Check out my profile pic and see why I don't need this lol.

Kind Bar, retails between $1.65-1.99 each.  I know that this is a part fitness sub, so healthy snacks are a given, but I dislike any diet or health bars.

Sunglasses from Ivory & Mason, retails for $135.  These are advertised as being These are incredibly small, I think they fit a lot better on my toddler; check out my pics at the bottom of this post.  he good news is that for $9.95 subscribers can exchange them for another pair. You can check out there different styles here.

Freeze it surf spray for "beachy hair," retails $7.48. Yeah, this is another product I can't use.  I wish that this was one of the items there was a variation for..oh well, I traded this on a swap board for an item my son could use.
In all, this was a great improvement over the Spring box and I really think that they are taking concerns seriously in order to improve.  I am still debating whether to stay around for the fall box or not, as I was happy with this box for $25, but would not be for $50, simply due to the fact I could not use 2 products equaling $42 in value, not including the extra $10 I will have to pay to utilize the sunglasses.  That being said, for $50 this box had an approximate value of $216 retail price..awesome deal I just wish it was around $35-40!!

However, I do have a $10 off code that is good for a one-time use for new subscribers.  Message me and I will send it to the first person that asks and will update this post if I come across anymore.  Subscriptions are quarterly at $49.99 per box, next quarter is scheduled to start in September.  If interested in signing up please do so through my link.


No comments:

Post a Comment