Sunday, October 14, 2012

October 2012 Birchbox (Goop Edition)

For the month of October, Birchbox sent out an email to their subscribers to choose between a regular October Birchbox that had the theme of Transformations or Goop, a company ran by Gwyneth Paltrow.  After considering both options carefully for two days, I opted for the Goop box, even though the site gave little indication of what to expect besides suggesting higher end products.  Here are pictures for my Goop box, Box #17 (weight .4380).





Beauty Blender – Have not used this yet, but this was the star of my box.  I have been wanting one and looking for a good dup of this, so very excited to have received on in my box.
Kiehl’s Rosa Artica Eye – I have wanted to try a Kiehl’s product all summer so was very pleased to try this as I was looking for an eye cream to purchase.   After a few uses, I find it to be moisturizing and would try again in the future.
Jouer Lip enhancer – Personally I have no use for this, as I have full (enough) lips, so I will not try this product.
DDF wrinkle resist plus pore minimizer – Received Benefits Pore-fessional in my last box and compared to it, I prefer this one based off of first impressions.  I feel the Pore-fessional is best used as a primer as this is lighter and translucent.
Kusmi Tea (2 single packets, Detox and Euphora) – I love trying different teas, no complaints about this one.
Luna Fiber Bar (chocolate and raspberry) - Absolutely disliked this, IMO it had a bad after taste and chalky residue.  Many people on blogs complained about receiving this bars constantly but this was my first time in 5 months. 

There were a lot of complaints over both boxes for various reasons but there were also some, like myself that were perfectly happy with their box.  In all, this box was a success for me and I am looking forward to November and December’s box!

No comments:

Post a Comment